Location Hai Phong City, nearby the Northern focal economic areas including Hanoi, Quang Ninh, Hung Yen, Vinh Phuc, Bac Ninh.
International Gateway Port of Hai Phong has total 3500 ha, annual
throughput capacity as 300 million ton per year, and ablility to receive
container vessel with a capacity of 4000 – 6000 teus, general vessel or
specialized vessels with 50.000 – 80.000 DWT.
A . Project overview
I. Implemetation Time of Project
From 2008 - 2020
II. Planning of Project
Construction of project will be divided into 2 phases:
1. Phase 1:
Include 2 sub-projects
Sub-project 1: Total investment:
4.660.225.000.000 VND; public works; narrow passage of river and the
protection works of narrow passage of river.
Sub-project 2: Total investment
2.919.000.000 VND; including 02 berths with total 600m berth length to
receive vessel with a capacity of 50.000 DWT.
2. Phase 2
- Total berth length: 2700 m as 11 berths, ability to receive vessel with a capacity of 50.000 DWT.
- Narrow passage of river and the protection works of narrow passage of river.
2. Project objective: the construction of the
international gateway port, trading hub, that meet the needs of export
and import of goods by large tonnage vessels, for social-economic
development of the Southern Provinces, and to ensure security and
3. Source of funding: the state budget, loans
from foreign development aid (ODA), investment in the form of joint
ventures, build-operate-transfer (BOT) ... and other funding sources.
B The construction’ project of Hai Phong International Gateway Port of Saigon Newport Corporation:
I. Scale of investment is expected to participate in the construction:
- A large – scale plan: 09 berth – Total berth length around 2.100m
- Total area: 200 ha
II. The purpose of project
- Gateway port, logistics service, free trade zone